With so much negativity is ones inner being, how one can think straight let alone think positive. The first and foremost requirement today is to get rid of this unnecessary baggage of false prestige and false parameters of success. An individual who is rolling in money or possessing a lot of educational degrees is thought to be the perfect role model, and successful. But is the life all about money? Money is definitely important to some extent to fulfill the basic necessities of life but it is not the end all.
The need of the hour is to introspect oneself deeply and sincerely. And introspection is only possible in a calm state of mind where there is no turbulence and negativity. Yoga has come as a breath of fresh air to enable a person to come out of his quagmire of confusions. Various asanas stabilize the pranashakti in the different parts of the body. As asanas are done slowly, gently with concentration on breath, they induce a deep mental relaxation. The counting ensures mental concentration. If yoga is learnt from a trained, devoted, selfless yoga teacher, it leads to physical and mental health.
Patience and sincerity are the two full gist of yoga. Most of the people learn yoga to cure the physical diseases for a few days or months and they quit practicing it after some relief. A very few aspirants are blessed with the keen intellect to stick to this science which leads ultimately to eternal happiness and bliss. Various scientists have discovered that during our lifetime we use only 10% of our brain, the rest 90% goes waste. Yoga offers us an opportunity to explore our own innate potential. With the practice of asanas and pranayams the body becomes healthy and minds calms down. All the negative thinking gradually changes into positive by including the different practices of pratyahara like yoganidra and antarmouna.
Treading on this journey of self exploration, one tends to lose patience but if one sticks to it with perseverance, the results start motivating the practioner. A round peg cannot be fitted into a square hole. Similarly each individual is born with unique traits and personality. Even two sisters differ in their likes and dislikes. Yoga teaches us to become aware of our own strengths, weakness, ambitions and needs. Paramhansa Swami Niranjanand Saraswati has written about ‘SWAN’ in his book yog panorama. ‘S’ stands for strength. ‘W’ stands for weakness. ‘A’ stands for ambitions. ‘N’ stands for needs. By improving our strengths and eradicating weaknesses, we slowly start discriminating between our ambitions and needs. And with this discovery, our vision becomes clear and we can accept the life as it comes. One thus learns to live with one’s own strengths and weaknesses, by accepting them fully. That is how; we discover our own inner true potential and live life to the fullest.